Monday, November 24, 2014

Forgiven

Titus 2:11-15
(11) For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, (12) teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, (13) looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, (14) who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works. (15) Speak these things, exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no one despise you.

We often struggle with the "thou shalt not's" of the Bible. Especially when we are "denying ungodliness and worldly lusts." Our struggle is due to our flesh nature that we are accustomed to satisfying. The more we satisfy this desire of sin we will experience a greater urge to sin.
To quail this urge we need only to look to Jesus. Paul writes, "looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us..."
When I think about His love, how He bled and died for me, love begins to arise in my heart, causing me to say, "Yes" to His love. When I receive His love I also receive His promises. His promises are for me!
All of God's promises are "Yes, and Amen!" I don't have to focus on the "No's" of the Bible when I can focus on the "Yes's" that He has promised me! Yes, I am forgiven! Yes, His grace abounds in me! Yes, I can live for Him!
Israel Houghton's song "I Am Forgiven" reminds me His love is more than enough for me!

I am Forgiven
I have been given a another chance
There's no condemnation
Your grace is sufficient to cover my past
Your love is more than enough
More than enough for me.

Say, "Yes" to Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment