Monday, November 24, 2014

What Are You Eating?

Ezekiel 3:1-3
Moreover He said to me, “Son of man, eat what you find; eat this scroll, and go, speak to the house of Israel.” So I opened my mouth, and He caused me to eat that scroll. And He said to me, “Son of man, feed your belly, and fill your stomach with this scroll that I give you.” So I ate, and it was in my mouth like honey in sweetness.

We've heard the cliche "You Are What You Eat." This is never more true than when we are considering what we feed our Spirit.

When we feast on God's Word we receive the every thing we need for this life.

1) When we feast on God's word we receive nourishment that we need to develop as a child of God.

2) When we read his Word receive strength to overcome trials and temptations. In our weakness His strength is revealed.

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." (2 Corinthians 12:9)

3) When fill up on the Bread of Life our hearts are filled with hope.

Psalm 130:7 NASB
7 O Israel, hope in the Lord; For with the Lord there is lovingkindness, And with Him is abundant redemption.

Jeremiah 29:11
I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.

Romans 15:4
For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment